Dec 15, 2008

Whew Rudolph with Black Nose is Finished!

I really don't know why I called him Rudolph..it was the first name that popped into my head I guess.. but whatever his name, he is finished!



"Light Up Your Life" Freebie
Design by : Sandra Parlow
Used 3ply of
DMC floss colors recommended..
Fabric 10ct Aida - White

I did change the thread for the lights, instead of Kreinik green and red, since I only had the red when I searched my two LNS (Joann's and Michaels) they were non existent. But I did find DMC Jewel Effects..Beautiful but oh so difficult when the thread is short and 1/4 stitches are used..mama mia..will certainly use again but will choose my design wisely.. I think it came out pretty good though.
Thought I would make 2 but no time I think ( I am gonna have to do one for me eventually)
Also changed the wording to "You Light Up My Life" since it's for my kids.
I should have used 4 ply of floss for the design itself but ...oh well.

I also started a Michael Powell Design..Xmas Tree.. I love his wacky designs and will eventually do one of his houses.. Love his website "Michael Powell Cross Stitch Art" at http://www.michaelpowellart.co.uk/



As always, thank you for stopping by and please leave your comments since they are the only way I will know you have stopped and shared with me...after all they are the footprints of where you have been and ...I really love them..

2 comments:

Mylene said...

Wow! that turned out great, Nana. Honestly, i don't used 4 ply as stated but 1 or 2. I don't like the looks stitched with 4 ply.

Thanks for sharing the link, i've seen a few mentioned about Michael Powell designs but never bothered to look it up.

Cindy F. said...

He is just adorable!! ~~HAPPY DANCE AND CONGRATS NANA!!~~ Beautiful job:)
Ohhh, love your new wip!! Great colors. Can't wait to see more of this. I never heard of Michael Powell either. I'll check the link out! Thanks!